2/26/08

2-26-08

Happy Tuesday,

Glad to be here especially with the forcasted weather report for tonight and tomorrow morning. Hope we make it in tomorrow also.

Anyways in Math we are moving on with the operations with FRACTIONS. Yesterday we reviewed multiplying fractions( multiply the numerators and denominators across then simplify)and we will go over the homework for any questions you may have doing this independent work. Did you feel that multiplying is easier than adding or subtracting fractions? I like not doing that extra step and not getting a common denominator in multiplying fractions. Today we will move on to the last operation- division with fractions, mixed numbers and whole numbers. Bet that was not a surprise to any of you!
We will define RECIPROCAL and find the tricks to performing this operation. Hint: related to multiplying with fractions!!!

I will be checking the corrections and parent signatures from the Chapter 4 test passed back yesterday so be ready with that work also.

The classwork- homework for the day is pages224-225 #3,5,6,8,10,11,13,16,21,25,28,29,31,32,35.


The chuckle for the day: If one is not enough, two is company and three's a crowd, what's four and five?

Nine! Hee Hee Hee....

Have a great day and stay tuned to the tv for the weather tomorrow morning. Hope to see all of you on Wednesday - NO MORE SNOW DAYS - .....

FYI: Parent Conferences are coming up next week on Thursday and Friday ( March 6-7). Look for the conference sheets for times slots to the conference coming out in the next couple of days.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to say that was funny but.. It wasn't. o.o

Fractions again. Oh my corn..

Corny,

~Danielle

Anonymous said...

Good morning! I hope you had a great Monday afternoon. The chuckle is very funny today! I couldn't stop laughing!

Anonymous said...

that chuckle was not funny

Anonymous said...

no more snow days???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! ITS HOORORIIIBL!!!!!!!! RUN AWAY!!!!! RETREAT TO THUNDER BLUFF!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!
and for fractions: BRING EM ON BOYYYZZZZZZZZ WAAAAAAAAAUUUUUGGGGGGHGHHHHHHHH!!!!


yes it's me kevin :P

Anonymous said...

Hiya I'm so special I have compition this saturday and I have cheering practice all week and it's not fair!! -cries-
>>>



^ ^
.
^^^^^

Anonymous said...

I'm still sick but my mom made me go to school xP

<(-_-')>

Anonymous said...

I miss the PODs! I hope I don't get hurt for saying that, but I felt it was good to know what will be on the MEAs.

Anonymous said...

wow two thing that chuckle of the day was well.... not funny. Also who ever keeps drawing those yodas STOP!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Super fun game on probability :D
http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/mathsfile/shockwave/games/fish.html

It has fishys!!!!

Anonymous said...

To ALL people reading this......

GO TO www.mathplayground.com

It has REALLY cool games to review math skills!

From Patty Cake+ Lily

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Charle's MaKadee!!!!!! How could you!!! This is Forrest
Bye!!!!!!
-------
≥ ≤
^
––––––

Anonymous said...

fisssies!!!!! they can swwimmm :)
SWIATEK