Good Morning Good Morning Good Morning,
Today is the day - the 1/2 way through the week!!
In math class today we will continue on with our work on FRACTIONS. We will correct then discuss the homework from last night including the PROBLEM OF THE DAY. We need to make certain that the vocabulary terms are cemented in before there are more added, so we will be taking a small quiz tomorrow. This will cover the chapter 4.1-4.3 sections of the text, Prime and Composite Numbers, Prime Factorization, Factor Trees, Common Factors, Greatest Common Factors, Fractions, Numerators, Denominators, Equivalent Fractions, and Simplest Form. These are all some of the major components of understanding Fractions. Make sure you get all your questions you have answered in class, during tutorial, or early morning.
The PROBLEM OF THE DAY(POD): Bamboo, which is a grass and not a tree, may grow as much as 3 feet a day. At that rate of growth, how many days would it take to grow 10 yards?
Pull out all the math:
Strategy?
Confusing things:
What is the problem asking you for?
Show all work.
Box in answer with correct labels
Homework for the day is to be familiar with the vocabulary words in the chapter 4.1-4.3 and be ready for the quiz. In addition, complete the POD.
Have a great day today.
1/9/08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
37 comments:
Please stops yours proplemss of the days. You rock otherwise
Mrs.Mcatee,I am looking foward to doing fractions in class today because i'm not that smart and plus I need to learn multiplcation with big big numbers.T hese are hard for me to do when i don't have a calculator.Over and out your pet fishy.
<(-_-)> :p
Man this is a had POD again
<(-_-)> YODA
The POD was pretty easy onces Mr. Carpenter explained the question, which made it much easier. The POD are much better the then POWs. You are the best Math teacher.
Math is the best subject ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Math ruined my life!
Let's hope no one else pukes on you!!!!!! That was gross! On your first day, too!
yoda lol XP
The pod is hard sometimes... but other times very easy.
this "POD" as you call it was exuberantly simple. I did it in a minute. But that's good, I like easy
Mrs. McAtee, U R so cool! I
LOVE Math! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
hi mrs macatee i really can wait for our test tomorrow. It would be very nice if you didnt give us the test.
Hey Mrs. Charlé - McAtee,
You ROCK!!!!!!
Wow the POD of the day is easy.
-Dylan L the word of the week is SPORK the 2nd coolest thing ever
Hey Mrs. Mcatee. How are you. I dont Like the POD's but the rest of the math class is cool.
Hi Mr.s Mcatee! I used to hate math but you make it really fun!! I'm actually starting to love math!
Ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ha hah
hi. how are you? math was great today. give yourself a hand. oh, by the way, you could make me very happy if the POD's would stop. you are da bomb.
I dont really like pod's but i am good with math.
ha ha ha ha ha h ah ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ah ha ha ha ha
hey mrs mcatte.
I like math.......
just not the pod
i will deal.
you are the best. However, there is something that would make your students very happy. Please stop the problems of the day
Cna yuo raed tihs? I'ts ralely naet!
Olny 55 otu of 100 poplpe cna. Please post if you can read this \(^o^)/
Hey I rule and you know it!!!!!!!!
i love science!! it's the best!
I think that the POD was easier today as long as you remembered to convert yards to feet.
hi mrs macatee yo yo whats goin on in the hood
Hello Mrs. Mcatee. This is lindsey, who is sick at home.
Mrs.Mcatee you rule and you know no one can change you from being the funist teacher ever.Go Mrs.Mcatee.
Yo super monkey dude! O.o I can read that :D!!!
Anyways... Hi Mrs.McAtee! I think your the bestest math teacher EVERZ! We wuv you!
~Me
One Eyed purple people eater is coming for you wa ha ha ha ha wa ha ha ha ha.Hes mean and hates math the mystery continues.
WHAT'S YOUR MIDDLE NAME???
<(-_-)> YODA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
U ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS PROBLEM WAS ALOT LESS HARDER THEN YESTERDAYS PROBLEM OF THE DAY
Hi there Lindsey,
I hope you are feeling better and you come to school today. I take it that you have read my blog and are ready for the quiz over Chapter 4.1-4.3 - a good way to review is to do the p.174 - go over the vocabulary also.
Hope to see you tomorrow/
Mrs CM
MRS. MACATEE ARE YOU GOING TO BUY cocoanuts WHEN YOU GO TO HAWAII!!!???!!!
POST MY COMMENTS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment