1/31/08

1-31-08

Good Thursday Morning Everybody,
What a day yesterday was.

With the schedule change due to the talent show, Period 2 will not meet today. All the classwork addressed pertaining to today's class will reflect for Period 2 tomorrow.

As a class we will go over the practice review quiz you were assigned to do on page 197. We will review key terms, concepts, and computations dealing with FRACTIONS. The test on this chapter is scheduled for Monday. To further prepare for this besides coming to me and doing the daily homework, will be to check out classzone.com and do the test online. BUT feel free to contact me through the blog as I will check it out throughout the weekend if you do have questions on fractions.

We will also go over the POD from yesterday.

Homework: Study for the chapter 4 test on Monday and POD.

The POD:
Which of the following fractions is equivalent to 0.0824?

a. 97/1000 b. 129/1400 c. 71/950 d. 103/1250

Pull out the math
Question
Confusing
Strategy
Show all work
Box in answer

The chuckle for the DAY: When do giraffes have 8 feet?
When there are two of them. Hee Hee Hee...

Have a great day.

FYI:
We are attending the Spelling Bee on Friday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

But Giraffes already have 8 feet. If you have 2 you will have at least 20 feet, wouldn't they?

Anonymous said...

Adam your confusing me!!!!!!!!! That Giraffe chukle feet thing is funny!!!!!!!

And my E-work book has NEVER worked for me!!!!! I can get to the chapter page and to were you select a section but when I click on a section NOTHING happens!!!!!!!!!
I don't know what's wrong!!!!!!
I'll ask Mrs. Tims about it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Mrs. mcatee, the POD looks like conveting fractions into decimals....... *picks up pencil and does work*

Anonymous said...

Waldo says:Mrs.McAtee, you are the greatest math teacher ever! No joke. Last year I wasn't really good with math, and now I am really good at math and its all thanks to you! Thank-you!

Anonymous said...

I love the chuckle partically cuz I love GIRAFFES!!!! One time I got to feed one in the San Deigo zoo because we got a backstage tour!!! Their tounges are really strong! They kept lifting me off the ground!! It was sooooooooo cool!!