Good Tuesday Morning,
Welcome back. Hope all of you had a fun packed day yesterday and are ready to start today.
With a quick review over the past vocabulary words(fractions, prime and composite numbers, numerators, denominators, Greatest Common Factor, simplest form) connected with FRACTIONS, we will be off onto LEAST COMMON MULTIPLES(LCM). Not to be confused with the GCF!!! What is the difference? When are they used?
I will be collecting the POD assigned on Friday.
For classwork or homework: Pages 177-178 # 12,15,19,21,27,29,35,37,46--55.
The PROBLEM OF THE DAY: Express each of the following numbers as the product of two numbers, each written in exponential notation.
a. 432
b. 500
c. 1,296
As always, copy the problem down and file this into your project section of your math notebook. 1. Pull out the math 2. Name your strategy 3. What is confusing 4. What is being asked 5. Show your work 6. Box in answers with correct labels
Chuckle of the Day: A father, angry because his teenage daughter has missed her curfew, said, " I told you to be home by a quarter to twelve." The girl responded, " But my math teacher said that 1/4 of 12 is 3. " Hee Hee Hee.....
1/15/08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Mrs.Mcatee I get the chuckle of the day thats pretty funny.he he he he he.I can't wait for math class.
The chuckle of the day is really funny
SNOW DAYS ARE THE BEST DAYS OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!
chuckle was funny
Ok, that "chuckle of the day" took me a while (actually a pretty long time) but I get it.
The chuckle was kindof funny... just a little. Math for period 2 was just a little stressful with the project. Any way! See you tomarrow!!!
Ha ha, you are so funny, Mrs. McAtee.
Did you lose power last night? We did, but only for about 10 minutes. I was at choir, and suddenly all the lights went out. When I got home, the power went off there, too. Well, anyways, see you today in Math class!
Stephanie and Period 2 Math class,
No, Westbrook had power all night yesterday. It must have been frightening without lights on here at school!!!!!
To the class, I am sorry that class was stressful. I will be aware of it and try to make it less packed with things to do. Thanks for the feedback.
Mrs.CM
i love math soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much it is my favorite class i always look forward to it and im soo exited to learn new math things and so exited to answer the pod and i love to read the chuckle of the day see you right now actually bye
Post a Comment